Judge Karahan is an experienced officiant, having conducted over 400 weddings of all varieties in numerous settings. Judge Karahan performs both religious and civil ceremonies which are customized based on the wishes of the couple. The fee for all non-courthouse weddings includes:
- One in-person advance consultation with Judge Karahan to review the ceremony and wedding plans. A non-refundable deposit of half of the wedding fee is due at this time.
- Email and/or phone communication to finalize the ceremony.
- During business hours Monday-Thursday, Friday before 3pm–$100.
- Active military, law enforcement and fire fighters (with ID) $25 for courthouse weddings during business hours.
- The courtroom is located on the 4th floor of the Harris County Family Law Center located at 1115 Congress Avenue. There is nearby covered public parking available at 1019 Congress St, and many surface lots within 3 blocks of the courthouse.
- Judge Karahan performs weddings at The 1910 Harris County Courthouse on Fridays from 1:30 to 3:30–$150*
* Weddings at The 1910 Harris County Courthouse cannot be arranged in advance or guaranteed. The two courtrooms’ calendars can be reviewed here and here to determine availability of an open courtroom. Please continue to check these calendars as your wedding date approaches to monitor availability.
- Weekday (Monday-Thursday) weddings after business hours–$275.00
- Weekend (Friday-Sunday) weddings completed before 6:00pmCT–$400.00
- Weekend (Friday-Sunday) weddings completed after 6:00pmCT–$475.00
- Holiday weekend weddings–$650.00
- Attendance at a wedding rehearsal or any date other than the wedding date-$150.00
- All travel for weddings and/or rehearsals greater than a 20 mile round trip from the Harris County Criminal Court House will be reimbursed at the current IRS mileage rate allowance
- Balance of fee is due prior to the ceremony by online payment here or cash at the time of the ceremony
Once the ceremony is complete Judge Karahan will sign your marriage license. You are then responsible for taking the signed license back to the Harris County Clerk’s office to register your marriage as soon as possible.
Note: All marriage licenses must be obtained from the Harris County Clerk’s office at least 72 hours before the wedding. This license is valid for 90 days after issuance.
If you would like Judge Karahan to officiate your wedding, please submit the information below. He will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.